On Wednesday November 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., the San Dimas Senior Center, in association with the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services will be sponsoring FREE Flu Shots. Flu shots will be given in the Stanley Plummer Community Building located next to City Hall at 245 East Bonita Avenue. Note: If you have an allergy to eggs or a serious illness, please see your doctor. For more information call: (909) 394-6290.
The following are especially encouraged to have a flu shot:
- Adults 50 years and older;
- Women who will be pregnant during the flu season;
- All children 6 months through 18 years of age;
- Household contacts and caregivers of children less than five years of age and adults 50 years and older, with particular emphasis on vaccination contacts of children less than six months of age;
- Persons who have chronic pulmonary disease (including asthma), and cardiovascular disease (except hypertension), renal, hepatic, hematological or metabolic disorders (including diabetes mellitus);
- Persons who have immunosuppression including immunosuppression caused by medications or by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Persons how have any conditions (e.g., cognitive dysfunction, spinal cord injuries, seizures, or other neuromuscular disorders) that can compromise respiratory functions,
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities;
- Household contacts and caregivers of people in any of the high-risk groups listed above;
- Healthcare workers.