Abandoned shopping carts pose a nuisance and a safety hazard in the community. They also contribute to a sense of visual blight. At a cost of approximately $10 each, businesses must pick up the tab for the lost carts. A cost that could get passed on to you the customer. You can help keep the City of San Dimas beautiful by keeping our streets and neighborhoods free of abandoned shopping carts.
If you see a stray shopping cart you should contact the City's cart retrieval hotline at (909) 394-6230. Please be prepared to report the location (exact street address or nearest cross streets) of the shopping cart and the business to which it belongs to.
Shopping Cart Facts:
* The unauthorized removal of a shopping cart from a store parting lot is a violation of State law (California Business and Professions Code, Section 22435);
* Stray shopping carts left on streets, sidewalks and private properties create an unattractive and blighted appearance in our community;
* The City needs your help in keeping San Dimas Beautiful by not removing shopping carts from parking lots;
* Retailers may pass on the cost of retrieving shopping carts to you the customer;
* Stray shopping carts can cause accidents.
Email shopping cart locations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of San Dimas contracts with the Boys and Girls Club of the San Gabriel Valley to administer a Graffiti Abatement Program. Residents who see graffiti in San Dimas are encouraged to call the Graffiti Hotline.
Please mention the specific location of the graffiti and the item defaced. The response time of the Boys and Girls Club, from the moment they receive a call to the time that a crew has completely removed the graffiti, is usually within 48 hours.
Graffiti Hotline (626) 442-6666
Report graffiti via email at email@example.com