On Sunday, April 22, 2018 the cities of San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona, and Claremont will host a 6.5-mile CicLAvia, one of the largest open streets events in the country - from 9am-4pm. This open street event will bring together thousands of people of all ages enjoying and rediscovering their communities on car-free streets by foot, bike, and other forms of non-motorized transport. Downtown San Dimas will serve the west endpoint of the route and downtown Claremont will be the east endpoint - with downtown La Verne and northern Pomona connecting the cities. Bonita Avenue through San Dimas and La Verne; and Arrow Highway from Pomona to Claremont, will be closed to car traffic.
We will continue to provide updates as the event approaches. For more information, contact Ann Garcia at the City of San Dimas Community Development Department at (909) 394-6282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Various Sponsor Booths: Information and Giveaways
Various City Community Groups: Information and Giveaways
Festival of the Arts: Chalk Art Area and Artist Area
Bike Rodeo: Kids have an opportunity for a free helmet (while supplies last)
San Dimas Earth Day Booth: FREE LED lights - indoor/outdoor (10 per household) ; FREE Mulch ; Games for giveaways
Rock the Bike Charging Station: Charge your phones / electrical devices by pedaling at the stationary station - up to 16 various connections.
Play/Game Zone: 45' Obstacle Course - Rock Wall - Jumpers - Vintage Games - etc.
Covina Animal Hospital: FREE Frontline, Pet Water Station, Spin the Wheel for an opportunity to win a toy for your pet.
Farmers Market Food Vendors - Food Trucks - Local Restaurants on the Route
LIME Bikes - FREE Rentals
Bike Repairs by INCYCLE
Bike Valet areas - Bike Self-Parking areas
LIVE Music - Local Performances (schedule to be uploaded)
Pedi-cabs by AARP
Parking restrictions: NO PARKING is allowed on the route after 1:00AM on Sunday, April 22, 2018. Parking restrictions will be posted on the route and towing will be enforced. Please Note: The City will allow parking on side streets directly off the route overnight from 8pm on April 21st to 6pm on April 22nd. NO PARKING on Pony Express by the Post Office and Sheriff Station.
Driveway access: Please be aware - that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 6:00am on Sunday, April 22nd, and vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route from 6am to approximately 6pm. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 6:00am on Sunday, April 22nd, please park off the route or the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm on April 22nd.
There will be various parking options in the City of San Dimas.
1. Empty parking lot on the corner of Acacia and Bonita. Parking atendants will be available to direct parking within the open lot.
* Access from the 57 Fwy North - Exit Arrow Hwy and go straight through the light on Bonita Ave - 2 blocks up on Bonita to Acacia Turn - Right then Left into the Lot.
* Access from the 57 Fwy South - Exit Arrow Hwy. - Turn left on Arrow Highway - Turn left on Bonita Ave - 2 blocks up on Bonita to Acacia - Turn Right then Left into the Lot.
* Access from the 210 Fwy West - Exit San Dimas Avenue - Turn Left on San Dimas Avenue - Turn Right on Arrow Hwy - Turn Right on Acacia - Turn Right into lot near Bonita Ave.
* Access from the 210 Fwy East - Exit San Dimas Avenue - Turn Right on San Dimas Avenue - Turn Right on Arrow Hwy - Turn Right on Acacia - Turn Right into lot near Bonita Ave.
2. Park and Ride Parking Lot on San Dimas Avenue
3. Various Commercial properties on Arrow Highway between San Dimas Avenue and San Dimas Canyon Road - one block south of the Bonita Ave - Parking will be allowed.
[No Parking in the Right of Way Parking lot]