Development Projects/Environmental Info
Development Project 299 E. Foothill Blvd
The project site at 299 E. Foothill Blvd. in San Dimas comprises approximately 6.25 acres of land that was formerly occupied by an equestrian center and .44 acres of City-owned parkland. The developer is requesting a land exchange to acquire the piece of land that separates the two parcels under the applicant’s ownership and a strip of land north of the project site. Existing improvements within the project site include several buildings, two mobile homes, stables, corrals, and other related equestrian improvement’s which will be demolished. The water tank/wireless facility located on site near the main entrance of the site will remain. The site contains a total of 59 mature trees that include different tree species such as Ash, California Pepper, and Coast Live Oak which will all be removed. The Vesting Tentative Tract Map is proposing 20 single-family lots and three common lots, which will be developed for different uses; a 3,020 cubic yards debris retention basin, a common use area with an existing wireless facility and Lot No. 22 will be developed as park land to be granted to the City as an extension of Horsethief Canyon Park. The 20 proposed houses will all be two-stories in height and range in size from 2,893 square feet to 3,312 square feet with either a two- or three-car garage.
The project requires the granting of the following requests:
- General Plan Amendment to the current land use designation from Open Space to Single-Family Very Low (0.2-3 DU/Acre); General Plan Amendment Case No.15-02.
- A Zone Change to change the land use classification from Light Agriculture (AL) and Open Space (OS) to Single-Family 7,500 (SF-7500); Zone Change 15-02.
- Vesting Tentative Tract Map approval No. 72368 to subdivide the parcel into 23 lots, twenty (20) lots to be developed with homes and three (3) lots to accommodate proposed (public/private street) retention basin and open space area; Vesting Tentative Tract Map No. 72368 (15-02).
- Development Plan Review and Precise Plan for the review of the site layout and the architectural review of the proposed homes; DPRB Case No. 15-33.
- Tree Removal Permit to remove 59 mature trees; Tree Removal Permit 15-38.
- Development Agreement with the City to exchange approximately 19,500 square feet of excess parkland of Horsethief Canyon Park.
PUBLIC REVIEW AND WRITTEN COMMENTS:
After reviewing the Initial Study and any applicable mitigated measures for the project, Staff has determined that this project will not have a significant effect on the environment. Accordingly, a MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION has been prepared.
Public comments on the Mitigated Negative Declaration will be received by the City beginning on February 25, 2019, through March 18, 2019. A public hearing of the Planning Commission and the City Council to consider this proposed MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION is anticipated to be heard at a later date at the San Dimas City Hall, Council Chamber, 245 East Bonita Avenue, San Dimas. These future public hearings will be noticed as required.
Copies of all relevant material, including the project specifications and all documents referenced in the Mitigated Negative Declaration, are available for public inspection at San Dimas City Hall, Planning Division, 245 East Bonita Avenue, San Dimas, and the City’s website, please click on the document links below:
Initial Study/Negative Declaration (IS/MND)
Appendix A Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Appendix B General Biological and Tree Survey Report
Appendix C Geotechnical Reports
Appendix D Traffic Study
Notice of Intent Form
Walnut Avenue Project
Entire Project Area for
consideration of Zone Change
shown in yellow border – approx. 4 acres
Properties under Applicant’s ownership
for the Tract Map shown in red border –
approx. 3 acres
The project involves a request for a rezoning from Single-Family 16,000 to Single-Family 7,500 with a minimum lot size of 7,500 square feet for a project area of just under four (4) acres. The Walnut Avenue Subdivision Project Area is located east of Walnut Avenue, south of Juanita Avenue, north of Dakota Court, and west of Basilio Avenue and proposes to subdivide approximately three (3) acres of the project area into 12 residential lots to be developed with 12 two-story single-family homes. The project also includes the demolition of two structures listed on the City’s Historic Inventory List and the removal of mature trees. The project applications submitted by the Applicant are listed below:
- Zone Change 16-01
- Tentative Tract Map 73584 (TTM 16-01)
- Development Plan Review Board Case Nos. 16-02, 16-03, and 16-04
- Tree Removal Permit 16-03
- Municipal Code Text Amendment 18-01
A Mitigated Negative Declaration of Environmental Impact is being prepared for the project and will be posted on the City’s website when it is available. A Municipal Code Text Amendment (MCTA) is also being prepared by Staff for the Planning Commission’s and City Council’s consideration of additional Development Standard Overlay requirements to encourage compatibility with adjacent development.