Meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. (unless otherwise announced and publicly noticed) in the City Council Chambers of San Dimas City Hall at 245 East Bonita Avenue.The Planning Commission is an advisory body to the City Council which is responsible for directing the short and long range growth and development of the City through maintenance and implementation of the City’s General Plan and associated specific plans.
In order to implement the General Plan, the Planning Commission is empowered to administer the City’s zoning laws, ordinances, rules and regulations which:
1. Regulate the use and appearance of buildings, structures and land.
2. Regulate signs and billboards.
3. Regulate location, height, bulk, number of stores and size of buildings and structures; the size and use of lots, yards, courts and other open spaces; the percentage of a lot which may be occupied by a building or structure; the intensity of land use.
4. Establish requirements for off-street parking and loading.
5. Establish and maintain building setback lines.